Author: Adapted from imperfectfoods.com
- Serves: 10 servings
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Sodium: 470 mg
- Protein: 1 g
- 1 lb carrots*, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ c tahini
- ½ c water
- Juice from ½ lemon*
- *Ingredient available to add to your Imperfect box
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl medium mix together 2 Tbsp avocado oil, 1 tsp salt, cumin, and paprika. Add the carrots and toss until carrots are well seasoned and glistening.
- Spread carrots evenly on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the carrots are soft and easily pierced with a knife.
- Let carrots cool slightly, then transfer to food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend with remaining 2 Tbsp of avocado oil, tahini, water, and lemon until smooth.
- Taste and add more cumin, lemon, and/or salt to taste.
- Serve with fresh veggies, crackers, or toasted bread!
Exchanges: 2 Fat; 0 Carbohydrate; 0 Protein