Red Velvet Bundt Cake with Kahlua Ganache
Author: Adapted from recipe on theklienworthco.com
- Serves: 20 servings
- Serving Size: 1/20th Slice
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Happy Valentine's Day! Remember, everything in moderation!
- 1¼ cups canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons red food color
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dutch process cocoa powder
- Sweetened Coconut flakes to sprinkle on top
- Valentine Sprinkles
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt cake pan; set aside.
- In mixer bowl - beat together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food color, vinegar & vanilla. Add in flour, sugar, salt, baking soda & cocoa. Beat on medium until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan & bake 45-60 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Allow to cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Once cool- invert onto plate & prepare ganache.
- Place all ingredients in medium saucepan & heat on medium.
- Whisk to combine ingredients until it is all completely melted & combined to a thick silky consistency. DO NOT allow to boil.
- Remove from heat & immediately drizzle over cake. Top with sprinkles & coconut, if desired.