Broccoli Stem Hummus
Author: Adapted from imperfectfoods.com
- Serves: 10 servings
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Protein: 2 g
- 2 c peeled and chopped broccoli* stems
- 1-2 garlic cloves*
- 1⁄4 c tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 c chopped fresh herbs* (we like thyme or oregano!)
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- *Ingredient available to add to your Imperfect box
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add your broccoli stems and boil for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the vegetables and plunge them into an ice bath.
- Drain the stems again and place them in a food processor along with the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, chopped herbs, and salt.
- Process the mixture until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Enjoy!
Exchanges: 2 Fat; 0 Carbohydrate; 0 Proten