Sunny Roughy in Citrus Cream Sauce
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 3-4 ounce fillet
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 105 mg
Serve with pasta or rice to help ‘catch’ more of the sauce!
- 1 ½ pounds orange roughy fillets
- ½ teaspoon each salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lime, for zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup clam juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Cut fish into 6 portions. Pat dry. Lay fish on a sheet of wax paper. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with flour, shake off excess. Turn; season and flour second side.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook fish 2 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add shallots and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, clam juice, wine and lime juice; cook 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in orange juice, cream and lime zest; return fillets to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, place fish fillets on plate, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with basil.
Exchanges: 0 Carbohydrates, 3 Protein, 2 Fats